Starting in 1 min!
– Apple iPad Air Ad…
– Tim Cook takes the stage…
WWDC is a huge process for Apple and Developers.
9M registered developers.
OSX, iOS and XCode
– Introducing OSX…
51% adoption of Mavericks
– Fred takes the stage… Hair Force One
OSX Oxnard 😛
OSX Rancho Cucamonga 😛
OSX Weed 😛
OSX Yosemite is born.
Continuity is all new in OSX.
A Dark Finder…
Notification Centre… Widgets settings…
Spotlight… Looking like Quiksilver now… Doing mathematics conversions…
Calendar with a all new day view…
– iCloud Drive
Supports Windows too
Mail Drop – storing attachments to iCloud and allowing recipients to download from email.
Markup – Add markups to your images and videos.
Spotlight suggestions on the omnibar…
Tabview of Safari tabs…
Incognito mode called Private…
Up to 2 hours longer with HTML5 Premium Video
Markup looks awesome…
Demo of Safari and Mail.
– Continuity in focus
Airdrop now works between OSX and iOS.
Handoff – new feature
Continue working from OSX to iOS in real-time
– Instant HotSpot
Directly connect to your phone in proximity as a hotspot.
– SMS / Message
SMS and Message are synchronised between OSX and iOS
– Make / Receive Phone Calls
All on your iOS and OSX
Demo of continuity
OSX Yosemite is now available in Developer Preview today, everyone else in Fall for the price of FREE.
– iOS 8.0 in focus by Tim Cook
130M new customers to Apple.
Android dominates the malware market.
And Fred takes the stage again…
– Interaction Notification – Reply from the notification centre.
– Tabviews to Safari
– Active email slide to access email list
Demo of iOS 8
– Spotlight – Access to apps, Wiki, Maps, news, mail, maps, etc
– QuickType (Keyboard) – Looking like Swype, but very intelligent.
– Unlike the others, everything is local-based.
– Continuity – between OSX and iOS.
– Messages – Group Messaging, DnD, Leave Thread, Add and Remove, Name Thread, Tap to Talk, Tap to Video.
Demo of iOS 8 again.
– Enterprise – 98% of Fortune 500 uses iOS.
Automatically configured for Enterprise BNIB.
HealthKit – Single place/profile of your activities and health.
Health – Monitor all of your activities, even with 3rd Party applications. Work with MD.
– Family Sharing
Share Media, Books, Apps with your family up to 6 family members to the same credit card.
Ask permission to parent to use credit card for purchase.
– Photos + iClouds
From all iOS devices are synced to all devices
Smart suggestions search in Photos
Demo of the iOS Photos app, Sneak peek at Photos for Mac
20GB for 0.99 a month, 200GB for 3.99 a month.
Back to Tim for Developers
New App Store features
– Trending Searches
– Scrolling Results
– Related Searches
– Editor’s Choice Logo
– App Bundles capability
– App Previews
– TestFlight (is now FREE)
– Biggest release since App Store is launched
– 4000 new APIs
– Extensibility (Apps can talk to other Apps)
– iOS 8 Security Model – Sandbox + Proxy via iOS 8
– Define widgets for Notification Center with Extensibility
– Interactive widgets
– System-wide 3rd-Party keyboard
– Touch ID APIs – 3rd-Party extension
– Camera APIs – Manual Control
– HomeKit – Home Automation APIs
– CloudKit – Client + Server side APIs (FREE!)
– Metal (3D Graphics)
Demo of Metal on iOS 8 / A7
– SpriteKit (2D Graphics/Motion)
– Objective-C without the C.
New Programming Language
– Fast, Modern, Safe, Interactive
– Multiple Return Types
– Swift and Playground
Demo of Swift Playground
iOS 8, same availability as OSX.