Starting in 1 min!
- Apple iPad Air Ad…
- Tim Cook takes the stage…
WWDC is a huge process for Apple and Developers.
9M registered developers.
OSX, iOS and XCode
- Introducing OSX…
51% adoption of Mavericks
- Fred takes the stage… Hair Force One
OSX Rancho Cucamonga
OSX Yosemite is born.
Continuity is all new in OSX.
A Dark Finder…
Notification Centre… Widgets settings…
Spotlight… Looking like Quiksilver now… Doing mathematics conversions…
Calendar with a all new day view…
- iCloud Drive
Supports Windows too
Mail Drop – storing attachments to iCloud and allowing recipients to download from email.
Markup – Add markups to your images and videos.
Spotlight suggestions on the omnibar…
Tabview of Safari tabs…
Incognito mode called Private…
Up to 2 hours longer with HTML5 Premium Video
Markup looks awesome…
Demo of Safari and Mail.
- Continuity in focus
Airdrop now works between OSX and iOS.
Handoff – new feature
Continue working from OSX to iOS in real-time
- Instant HotSpot
Directly connect to your phone in proximity as a hotspot.
- SMS / Message
SMS and Message are synchronised between OSX and iOS
- Make / Receive Phone Calls
All on your iOS and OSX
Demo of continuity
OSX Yosemite is now available in Developer Preview today, everyone else in Fall for the price of FREE.
- iOS 8.0 in focus by Tim Cook
130M new customers to Apple.
Android dominates the malware market.
And Fred takes the stage again…
- Interaction Notification – Reply from the notification centre.
- Tabviews to Safari
- Active email slide to access email list
Demo of iOS 8
- Spotlight – Access to apps, Wiki, Maps, news, mail, maps, etc
- QuickType (Keyboard) – Looking like Swype, but very intelligent.
- Unlike the others, everything is local-based.
- Continuity – between OSX and iOS.
- Messages – Group Messaging, DnD, Leave Thread, Add and Remove, Name Thread, Tap to Talk, Tap to Video.
Demo of iOS 8 again.
- Enterprise – 98% of Fortune 500 uses iOS.
Automatically configured for Enterprise BNIB.
HealthKit – Single place/profile of your activities and health.
Health – Monitor all of your activities, even with 3rd Party applications. Work with MD.
- Family Sharing
Share Media, Books, Apps with your family up to 6 family members to the same credit card.
Ask permission to parent to use credit card for purchase.
- Photos + iClouds
From all iOS devices are synced to all devices
Smart suggestions search in Photos
Demo of the iOS Photos app, Sneak peek at Photos for Mac
20GB for 0.99 a month, 200GB for 3.99 a month.
Back to Tim for Developers
New App Store features
- Trending Searches
- Scrolling Results
- Related Searches
- Editor’s Choice Logo
- App Bundles capability
- App Previews
- TestFlight (is now FREE)
- Biggest release since App Store is launched
- 4000 new APIs
- Extensibility (Apps can talk to other Apps)
- iOS 8 Security Model – Sandbox + Proxy via iOS 8
- Define widgets for Notification Center with Extensibility
- Interactive widgets
- System-wide 3rd-Party keyboard
- Touch ID APIs – 3rd-Party extension
- Camera APIs – Manual Control
- HomeKit – Home Automation APIs
- CloudKit – Client + Server side APIs (FREE!)
- Metal (3D Graphics)
Demo of Metal on iOS 8 / A7
- SpriteKit (2D Graphics/Motion)
- Objective-C without the C.
New Programming Language
- Fast, Modern, Safe, Interactive
- Multiple Return Types
- Swift and Playground
Demo of Swift Playground
iOS 8, same availability as OSX.